Tuesday, July 25, 2006

8/9 for placing in the money for my SNGs (6/9 for 1st), broke my streak on game 8, but I will continue the count since game 9 was probably my luckiest and most aggressive SNG yet.

The numbers that made it interesting:

Number of hands played: 101
Number of hands won: 33
Percentage of showdowns won: 100%


At some point I knocked out 6th place with K4 (he had J9 and got tired of me being aggressive and stealing his blind). After that, the next 7 rounds people would fold to my bets or my blinds. I knocked 4th place out with 3/4 offsuit beating his AKo. The final hand of the game, I raise 3.2 times the big blind, the big blind went all in (for 2k more, I had about 12k to his 3k), I called and he shows K4. My A5 wins it.


About 4/5ths of the way done with Harrington on Hold 'em 3 and 1/2 way done with Caro's Book of Poker Tells. So far, it feels as if I do better if I study poker while playing poker. The questions keep my mind sharp and make sure I am playing the game as I should instead of getting lazy or falling into patterns.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home