Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Decided to play for some higher cash on pokerroom by entering into a qualifier for a $100 ticket.

Lesson #1
See what tournaments the room offers before trying through a qualifier. Pokerroom only has one regular game at 100+8, and it's a rebuy...which will not help me with only one ticket. So, since they no longer run their 100+8 WSOP qualifier, the only real recourse I have is sit and gos.

Lesson #2
When playing at high stakes, play at night and not in the early morning/afternoon. The people there tend be tighter and more skilled then your after-work or weekend crowd.


Overall, I was doing well and was in third place into the blinds hit 50/100. I spent too much money trying to buy a pot from the CL and then subsequently lossed my stack to a min-raiser. I looked down at 99 versus the guy right behind me raising it to 200. I reraised all in to 1k, he called and showed his aces. Maybe next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home