Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Almost ready to move up to a new level as I am standing at 179.61. Time for me to take a break for the day.

I've only played one $50NL table today and that was enough to add $80 to my challenge total.

I initially moved up to $75 dollars within the first half hour of play after I win a decent hand and outplay someone on another. After another hour or so my stack fluctuates between $60 and $75. Finally, two hands make my day and they occur within a 3 hand period.

First, I get AdQd on the small blind and there are 5 limpers, I raise to $2 and 4 of them call. The flop is AcKsQh. I am first to act and throw out a $5 bet into the $9 pot. First person folds, second person goes all in for 20. Fold Fold. I think about it for a few seconds, tell him that he probably has me and I call with my two pair. He shows K4 and I take the pot down. This bumps me up to $95-100

Second hand I win with J10 with a flop of QT6, no one bets and I take down a small pot.

Third hand. I get dealt pocket aces, raise to $2, get two callers and the flop is T9blank. I am first to act and I lead out with my standard $5 bet. The guy to my left goes all in for $10 and the third person calls the bet, I can only call. The third person has $6 and I don't even look at the turn as I put the rest of his stack in, he calls and my hand holds up versus QQ and an open ended straight draw...which was nice as the QQ killed two of the third players outs.

I'm expecting to hit a slump anytime soon, but right now the cards are treating me well.

Once I move up to .5/1, I can start playing the badbeat tables, anyone know if this is a good idea (the Jackpot is 116k, 70% gets shared, 50% to loser, 25% to winner, and 25% amongst the remaining players remaining in the hand).

1 Comments:

At 5:58 PM, Blogger Curatio said...

I've had a lot of success playing the bad beat tables on Prima. Not in terms of hitting the jackpot, but rather profit at the tables. The play there is generally looser and weaker than the regular tables. The extra rake I paid was more than made up for in the extra profit I probably made.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home