Tuesday, April 24, 2007

While working on a paper I decided to play in a moderate expensive tournament to work on my game. So, while this happens I figured I would do some play by play and see how I donk out and open myself for criticism. Most major plays will be here.

Information $30 Rebuy, I initially rebuy so I can start with 3k chips.
First table has only 6 players.

First hand Played Way too passive, but his min bets keep me in with middle pair for the win.

The very next hand I have QJs and accidently call instead of raising in the SB with one limper and the BB. the flop is 272, I raise to 60. Button calls. I raise the 10h that comes and he folds.

Hand #6 - So, I am already posting 3 hands and I am only on number 6. I think this was a solid read here. 3x BB made me put him on KK, QQ, or maybe AK. The flop makes me discount AK a bit and want to see his raise. An overraise looks like protection to me, so I put him and he calls!

Hand #13 - Pick up pocket Kings, three limpers, raise to 6xBB of $180, Get one caller (the first limper). Flop is AKJ with two diamonds. I raise to 300, s/he folds.

Shit, I didn't realize this game had a double add-on. Well, that makes this tournament cost $120!

First hand after the break with a small river raise A potential flaw here, but his min betting seemed like he was trying to just test to see if I was on a draw. I think I should have bet the turn here and taken it away from him, but this seemed okay.

Good lay down?


I donk draws to the nut flush. I probably should have bet on the flop, but I would have to fold to a reraise. This was a horrible call, but I thought I had two live cards plus the flush.

My Aggressive Draw Play doesn't pan out.

The min-raise should have tipped me off.

My shortstack push gets lucky.

Maybe I shouldn't push short stacks... but this one pays off.

I make a decent lay down short stacked. Two people go all in, I have AQ and fold. KK wins it.

Go all in with AQ in EP and get called by another AQ. We split the pot.

My final hand. I make the right play, but I bust out of the tournament, 2 away form the money.

1 Comments:

At 5:57 AM, Blogger actyper said...

First hand Played Way too passive, but his min bets keep me in with middle pair for the win.

I don't see anything wrong with a passive play in the beginning of a mtt, especially a rebuy. Notice how a few hands later when you have a better holding you can win a bigger pot. That is my philosophy, try to keep it as small as possible if you don't have a good hand.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home