Sunday, April 29, 2007

Woo, just made my 3rd Final table in a row for $5 tournaments. This is the tournament that the bluff hands below are from. Unfortunately, the payouts here are not impressive, so there is a good incentive to win this and not care about moving up just one more slot. We will see how it goes.

I entered the final table third in chips. We immediately lost one person.

*down to 7 and I haven't really played a hand yet. The distribution of chips is flat right now, ranging between 20k and 40k.

Break.

Get AK, raise to 6k (1k/2k blinds). One caller. Miss the flop but get a flush draw. Check it down for the win. This restablishes my 3rd place and I am behind 2nd by 600 chips.

This hand happens. My steal knocks it down to 6 players and I am in first.


A turned trips knocks a short stack out. Down to 5.

2-1 chip lead over 2nd after this.

*About here I begin to bully the table and grow my stack. I am up to 105k in chips. 2nd has 41k. Let's see if I can blow this.


I crush 5th place and he later gets knocked out with a smaller stack.

4th places loses with AQ to KK.

top 3 left.


This gets us heads up

The guy starts going all in every hand. I call the second hand with AJ, and lose to 33 that gets quads! I am now the short stack by 10k. This gap increases to 50k.


I lose this hand heads up! I hate AP.


I rebound and build my meager 20k into 93k. Phew, I have a chance again.

Yay, the stacks are even.

Then through some bluffing I get into the lead. It's a very fragile lead.


This is probably the longest heads up session I have been in. I can't be too aggressive as he is not afraid to push and I can't call with half of my hands.

I blew it. I ende dup in 2nd place for $140. :(. I need to work on this game.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home