Monday, May 21, 2007

Binghamton Cash Game

It has been a month and a half since I have last played at the game in my town and decided that, since school is over, it is time to make a return. They now started to have a 60+2 shootout tournament that I figured I would have a decent shot at given the blind structure. I bought in, received 1200 chips and immediately regretted the 25/50 blinds that would be doubled every 15 minutes.

Out of 16 people, I ended up 8th when my UTG push with AKs got called by the SB's 44 and his gets a set to take me out.

A minor setback but, thanks to the tournament, the cash game started about 2 hours earlier than it used to. I get knocked out and walk over to the main cash table, set down in the last seat that is available and get dealt two cards, both aces. I am in MP, when the UTG person raises it to $10, I repop to $40 after a half minute of consideration, and someone in LP goes all in for $40. UTG calls. Flop is Kh 8d 5d. UTG checks, I reraise her for about 60, she pushes all in for about $20 more and I call. LP flips up KQo, UTG shows TT, and I survive the later streets to have a very nice first hand. The rest of the night allows me to accumulate up to about $500 in chips and then I go pick up my gf as she hears the game is juicy.

I come back and she sits down with $200. The night goes downhill from there. I pick up KJs and raise to $12 in LP, the button and BB call. Flop is K54 rainbow. Check, I bet $20, button folds, UTG calls. Turn is a 3. He pushes for his remaining $26; I decide to call. He wins the pot with a very strong K5o.

My gf gets hit the hardest. She picks up 33 in the bb and calls a $10 raise. There are 3 players and the flop comes out with J38 with two clubs. She raises $40 into a $30 pot and gets two callers. The turn is the 4 of clubs. She checks, the original raiser bets $50, the button pushes all in for just over $100 and Julie folds. The raiser calls and they both show club flushes with the raiser have Ac5c and the button having KcTc. The river is another 8 and Julie regrest the correct fold as she would have tripled up.

I end up leaving the night with about an extra $70 (profit in cash - tournament entry) and Julie gets felted for her buy in. An okay night, I will probably return next week and just play the cash game.

Also, Julie is starting up a blog now that can be found at When Donkeys win...

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home